Thursday, January 26, 2012

Good Things

Hey friends!

It's been forever since I have posted!  I have a litany of excuses - but I will spare you and just say...it's time to get back to blogging!  I have changed the title of my blog to reflect what I want it to really be about - things in my life that bring me joy.  I have been retraining my eyes to see all the ways my Savior has blessed me - instead of choosing to see lack, I want to choose to see overflow.  The awesome part is, when I look for the blessings, they are always there!  My Savior just keeps on giving.

Here's some things that have made my heart happy the last couple months...

My marriage!  Jake and I have taken some scary new steps together this year (moving to a place where we didn't know anyone, starting seminary, finding a new church...) but we have only grown closer because of it.  He is my hero!

Our small group from church.  Jake and I started attending North Wake Church this past fall and have plugged into a small group of awesome individuals.  This group has been such a huge blessing in our lives as we learn how to walk in true biblical community.

Getting to meet my parents in Massachusetts to visit my Grandparents!  It was a blast to hang out with Mom and Dad for a week and love on Grandma and Grandpa.

There's a TON more I could share of good things the Lord has been doing in our lives, but I will leave that for later posts.  

I'm excited to spend 2012 actively thanking God for all the gifts he has brought into my life :)


2 comments:

  1. "Instead of choosing to see lack, I want to choose to see overflow." WOW. That hit me smack between the eyes. Thank you, Becky! :-)

    What state are you guys living in now? I pray for God's richest blessings on all your new adventures! Tell Jake I said hello!

    ReplyDelete